Bible Study Ideas: Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room
The purpose of this study is to think about and discuss what it means to seek God by digging deep into the Bible texts listed below.
Two Bible Study Ideas:
- In looking at the different passages try to ask yourself if they all refer to the same thing (essentially) or different things.
- Also, see if you can define “seeking God” without using any religious terms (other than “God” or “Jesus”). I also suggest that you read the passages in a translation that you don’t normally use. This can sometimes help us to see a passage from a fresh perspective. Don’t worry about getting through the whole list. It’s more important that you find at least one or two of these passages to stimulate your thinking or to savor. Also, the order is not significant I simple put the references in the order of the books of the Bible. It might be good to start with the passages that you are least drawn to and know the least about.
Four More Bible Study Ideas:
- Write down a short definition for the phrase “seeking God” and then as you ponder each passage edit or rewrite your definition.
- Keep a running list of adjectives that clarify what “seeking God” means.
- Or, you could try to complete this sentence for each passage you examine: Seeking God involves ________________.
- Another tip might be to look for patterns. Just making the list below I started to see an emerging theme of humility associated with seeking God ( a la Luke 18:9-14). Hmmm….
Study Title: Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room
John 1:11-13; 4:10; 5:24; 6:40,54; 7:37-38; 8:12, 31-32; 10:16; 15:4; 14:21; 15:7; 16:24
Romans: 12:1-2; 14:17
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
1 Peter 1:13; 5:6-9
1 John 4:13